Wednesday 19 August 2009

The Most Obvious Thing


Obligatory picture of the York Minster: The seat of the Archbishop of York.
It is the second biggest Gothic Cathedral in northern Europe. The current building was built between 1230 and 1472, but there has been a church on this spot since 627.
It's funny, but I've really gotten used to living in the same town as this building. Three months here and I don't even notice it most days anymore.
It is exactly that daily failure of of my capacity for appreciating beauty that has made me decide to take photos again.

4 comments:

  1. that´s so beautiful, i love the way the sunlight turns everything so orange, and against the blue sky it gets even more colourful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou. I annoyed my flatmate by running off to go see if I could get a few photos just as the sun was starting to go down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful lights on an impressive building. Unfortunately, I haven't made it to York again since 1995. It's such a lovely place and I really miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a shame. You know the town, then?

    ReplyDelete